A modern, easy-to-understand cookbook and guide to the Compendium of Materia and Medica—the most comprehensive book ever written about Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
Compiled during the Ming Dynasty, the original Compendium of Materia and Medica
text includes an encyclopedic level of detail, summarizing TCM's entire history and practices through the mid-16th century. Though full of incredibly valuable information that has been studied and used for thousands of years, it can be difficult for a modern reader to distill. 100 Natural Foods has done just that, highlighting 100 common natural foods and their health benefits, including:
- More than 100 recipes for the featured foods
- Cooking techniques and uses for grains, meats, fruits, and vegetables
- How to eat seasonally to enhance health and fitness
- The relationship between characteristics, colors, tastes of food, and health
- How to develop a personalized diet plan, based on lifestyle and body type
- Simple and effective food therapy strategies for common diseases
- Using food for health preservation (preventing illness and extending lifespan)
With at least one recipe for each featured food, this guide doubles as a cookbook. Full-color photos and practical tips make 100 Natural Foods
a great resource for anyone hoping to enjoy the benefits of TCM or embrace a more natural lifestyle.Recipes include:
- Cucumber Kiwi Juice
- Buckwheat Noodles
- Potato and Spanish Soup
- And many more!