21 Laws of Leadership in the Bible
Bestselling author John Maxwell draws on the stories of men and women in the Bible to show how they modeled what he calls 'the 21 irrefutable laws of leadership.'
|Number Of Pages: ||240|
|Publication Date: ||20181120|
Where do most people today turn for leadership? Some examine the world of politics. Some look for models in the entertainment industry. Many look to the world of business—to the successful stories of CEOs, management consultants, and theoreticians with PhDs. However, the truth is that the best source of leadership teaching today comes not from any of these sources but from the one true source: the Word of God. The Bible is the greatest source on leadership that has ever been written.
John Maxwell has spent decades researching and equipping others for leadership, and his primary source of leadership principles has always been the Word of God. In this study, he draws on the stories of the men and women in Scripture to show how they demonstrated what he calls "the 21 irrefutable laws of leadership." He also shows how some of the characters in the Bible failed to portray these leadership principles, and how that affected them and, in some cases, entire populations of people groups.
Sessions include in-depth studies on the principles of leadership followed by men and women such as Moses, Joshua, Deborah, Ruth, David, Elijah, Josiah, Esther, Nehemiah, Peter, Barnabas, and especially Jesus. Each session contains the following sections:
- The Law: An overview of the law and how it operates (includes quotes from the book and discussion questions based on the principles covered)
- Biblical example: An overview of the primary character in the Bible who demonstrated that law or wrote about that law
- Another look: Bible study questions based on the highlighted passages
- Highlighting the lesson: Questions that focus on the central teaching points
- Lasting implications: Questions to help draw out personal conclusions
- Daily assignments: Five sets of questions that guide readers on how to put the laws into effect during their week
This study has been designed to enhance readers' experience of working through John Maxwell's leadership materials and is intended both for individual use and for small groups.