Beginning Japanese is a complete Japanese textbook and language learning package for beginning learners — who want to become fluent in Japanese and have fun while doing it!
Start speaking, reading and writing Japanese today with the most exciting new introduction to the Japanese language! Beginning Japanese is a Japanese self-study book with a CD-ROM, series website, and a manga-style story that follows Kiara—an American exchange student who lives in Japan and wants to learn Japanese. With the help of her Japanese friends and the time-traveling "tomo tanuki" raccoon dog, Kiara learns to speak, read, and write Japanese kanji and kana while she visits famous people and places in Japanese history.
Written by experienced high-school Japanese teachers, this Japanese language book will show you correct pronunciations; how to read and write hiragana, katakana, and 151 basic kanji; and understand conversational Japanese, all through an exciting storyline and multimedia materials on the accompanying CD-ROM and website.
Key features of this program:
The CD-ROM includes:
- An engaging manga-style illustrated story—including a time-travel adventure which unfolds as learners advance, adding motivation to learn Japanese
- Authentic written, visual, and oral materials embedded seamlessly throughout
- Kanji is taught beginning with Chapter 1—and together with current vocabulary rather than separately
- Technology is used extensively for practical tasks
- A dedicated website provides additional content and updates
- Content is aligned with the ACTFL National Standards
Also, the Beginning Japanese Website offers:
- Native Japanese language speakers
- Pronunciation guides
- Accompanying dialogues
- New word lists
- Fun songs
- Listening activities and tests
- Extensive printable exercises
- Online games and activities
- Additional information and updates
- Downloadable Hiragana Practice Book, Katakana Practice Book, Kana Practice Sheets
- Downloadable kanji and kana flashcards
is the first volume in a 2-level series. Deepen your learning with the Beginning Japanese Workbook
, a volume of drills and exercises that reinforce the lessons in the textbook. If you already speak basic Japanese, continue your learning with the second level, Intermediate Japanese
Whether you're learning Japanese for fun, preparing for a Japanese proficiency exam, or want to achieve AP- or IB-level competency, Beginning Japanese
is your key to becoming a confident Japanese-speaker.All disc content is alternatively accessible on tuttlepublishing.com/downloadable-content.