The evidence-based acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) model is a powerful treatment for clients struggling with depression, anxiety, chronic anger, eating disorders, chronic pain, and other problems. In this eight-hour introduction to ACT theory and technique, psychologists and ACT trainers Matthew McKay and Patricia Zurita Ona explain and demonstrate the ACT treatment processes in detail and offer all the guidance you’ll need to integrate mindfulness and acceptance strategies into your client sessions, spurring on lasting behavior change and values-based action.
These professional training DVDs will show you how to:
• Conceptualize cases from an ACT perspective
• Use all six ACT treatment processes
• Help clients change the patterns at the root of emotional disorders
• Experience key ACT techniques and interventions for yourself
• Develop an order of treatment tailored to your client
• Combine ACT processes for maximum outcomes